You are in for a treat with this feel-good soup! Healthy Detox Chicken Zoodle Soup is the epitome of comfort food, seriously addictive, healthy. antioxidant full and delicious! Also, to top it all off, this yummy soup is low-fat, low-carb, keto, Paleo and gluten-free! In addition, have a cold, in less than 30 minutes, the soup is ready and it will be a bowl of comfort! #ComfortFood #FestiveFoodies
As I said on my first post of the year, I will spend a lot of focus on healthy eating and share the health benefits of the food we eat too! This unbelievably easy Healthy Detox Chicken Zoodle Soup is full of flavor from chicken, zucchini, carrots, and parsnips. Add in ginger and some herbs and this soup is year-round comfort food filled with antioxidants!
Some of the Many Benefits of Healthy Detox Chicken Zoodle Soup:
- Chicken is low in both cholesterol and saturated fats. High in protein and Vitamin B3 which converts carbs to energy!
- Zucchini is loaded with antioxidants which can deter cancer, diabetes, cardiovascular disease. A great anti-inflammatory!
- I must add, zucchini high in water so you can feel fuller after eating, which aids in weight loss.
- Parsnips are another awesome weight reducer veggie that is full of nutrients!
- Carrots reduce the risk of strokes, cleanses the body and of course vision
- Ginger, fixes everything, lol! Fights colds, detox the body, strengthen bones, reduce cramping…I could go on and on!
My Healthy Detox Chicken Zoodle Soup is both comforting and healthy! The zoodles, coodles, and poodles, (spiralized zucchini, carrots, and parsnips. Spiralizing veggie names are funny) are so delish! Trust me, you will not miss the carbs from the noodles or rice. My sons are traditional Chicken Noodle Soup guys and they request version all the time! The ginger and veggies are so good for helping to feel better when the flu is in the house! Ginger, is my go-to when anyone is feeling they need a detox. Thus, my very popular Detox Lemon Ginger Green Tea and Detox Blueberry Lemon Ginger Iced Tea!
My friends, today is all about Comfort Food and below is a great compilation of some of the best comfort foods from incredible food bloggers! This event is hosted my friend, Cindy who runs a great food blog Cindy’s Recipes and Writings! I can’t thank Cindy enough for organizing this event and please check out and follow her blog! Click on the recipe links to see each delicious recipe!
Enjoy these great #ComfortFood ideas from #FestiveFoodies!
- Cheesesteak Pizza from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings.
- Crock Pot Turkey Breast and Gravy from Cookaholic Wife.
- Chicken Alfredo Lasagna from A Day in the LIfe on the Farm
- Creole Jambalaya from Caroline’s Cooking.
- Chicken Cordon Bleu from Family Around the Table.
- Chicken Zoodle Soup from Everyday Eileen.
- Dill Weed Deviled Eggs from Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice.
- General Tso’s Chicken from Palatable Pastime.
- Homemade “Hot Pocket” Sandwiches from Frugal Pantry.
- Italian Sausage Minestrone from Jolene’s Recipe Journal.
- Lighter Chicken Pot Pie from Kate’s Recipe Box.
- Turkey Sausage & Penne Skillet from Amy’s Cooking Adventures.
When you make this healthy low-carb chicken zoodle soup, take a pic and tag me on Instagram @everyday_eileen or #everydayeileen
I encourage any comments or questions below!
I HOPE YOU CONTINUE CONNECTING WITH ME:
Love making this easy healthy chicken zoodle soup recipe, giving it a 5-star rating! It’s super helpful for me and very much appreciated!
Healthy Detox Chicken Zoodle Soup
- 1 large green zucchini
- 1 medium yellow zucchini
- 1 large carrot
- 3 green onions, diced
- 6 cups fat-free chicken stock or homemade
- 2 cups cooked shredded chicken breasts
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- salt, to taste
- 2 Tablespoons fresh parsley
- Wash the zucchini, parsnips, and carrots. Cut the tops off the veggies and discard(see notes). Peel the carrots and parsnips (discard the skin -see note). Spiralize the zucchinis, parsnip, and carrot. Cut the end off the green onion, discard the end piece( see note below) Feel free to cut the veggies if pieces are too long. Set veggies aside.
- In a large Dutch Oven or soup pot over medium heat add the fat-free chicken stock bring to a boil. Add in the spiralized veggies, green onion, shredded chicken, ground ginger, basil, oregano, thyme, black pepper, and bay leaf. Add salt at your discretion.
- Cover pot and let simmer about 15 minutes. I prefer my veggies al dente. If you like very soft veggies, let them simmer another 5 minutes.
- Check the seasoning and adjust if needed. Discard the bay leaf. I prefer to distribute the veggies and chicken into the bowls and add the broth. Enjoy.
- Any veggie extras, gather in a freezer bag and keep in the freezer until you have enough to make homemade vegetable or chicken stock.
- This soup freezes really well. I always double or triple the recipe for a ready-made freezer meal.
- I make quart bags of the soup to have on hand that can be reheated quickly at a later date
- Any nutritional data I provide is an approximation and actual dietary information can vary based on ingredients and portion sizes
Try these healthy options:
Pin this Healthy Chicken soup to make later: