Sugar Cookie Cake
When it comes to creating a fabulous dessert that is both easy and festive, you have come to the right place. This is a from scratch cake that is perfect for any baking level, from the novice baker, to my super fabulous baking friends. The cake is moist, fluffy, and very versatile. Change up the frosting and decorating, depending on your Holiday. From simple Christmas colors to romantic Valentine hearts, this will be your go-to dessert.
Tips and FAQs
- For best results, have your dairy and eggs at room temperature. This will allow everything to blend together nicely for excellent results.
- Br sure to let your cake cool completely before frosting it.
- When making the frosting, ensure your mixer is on low when you begin to add confectioners sugar. Otherwise, you may be covered in sugar and no one wants that.
Once baked, you can freeze it unfrosted in a well sealed freezer safe bag for about 2-3 months. Defrost in the fridge, overnight. Let the cake come to room temperature before frosting. It is nice having a cake in the freezer for unexpected events. This is also great for Holiday or party baking.
After baking and frosting, the leftovers can be kept wrapped in the fridge for a day or two. Don’t leave cream cheese frosting out on the counter.
If you are having a Holiday celebration for sweets and treats, definitely include this EggNog Martini for the adults who imbibe in a little cheer. For a non-alcoholic treat, Instant Pot Zebra Hot Chocolate, is always a crowd favorite.
Step by Step Instructions
In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cream of tartar, and salt until combined.
For the cream cheese frosting, in the bowl of a stand mixer combine the butter and cream cheese until completely combined.
Use an offset spatula to spread the cream cheese frosting on the cake.
When you make this recipe, take a pic and tag me on Instagram @everyday_eileen or #everydayeileen
Keep up to date with recipes and posts by following me on:
Love this recipe, it would be awesome if you give it a 5-star rating and share comments below.
Holiday Sugar Cookie Cake
- As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases
- . Beat in the vanilla extract.Start off by adding 2 cups of powdered icing sugar, beat well, then add additional as needed.Use an offset spatula to spread the cream cheese frosting on the cake.Add Christmas sprinkles for a festive touch.
How to Make a Sugar Cookie
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Spray a 9" x 13" baking dish or casserole dish and set aside
- In a large bowl, beat together the butter and cream cheese until combined. Then beat in the white sugar for 2 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Add in the egg, vanilla and almond extracts and beat until just combined.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cream of tartar, and salt until fully combined
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, beat until fully incorporated.
- Pour the batter into your prepared baking dish and bake for 25-30 minutes, until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to cool completely before frosting.
Cream Cheese Frosting
- In the bowl or stand mixer bowl ( you can use a hand mixer), combine the butter and cream cheese together, until completely combined.
- On low speed, beat in the vanilla extract, salt, and 2 cups of confectioners sugar. Be sure to have the mixer on low speed, otherwise the confectioner sugar will go everywhere.
- Add additional confectioner sugar, as needed. After 20 seconds and the confectioner surge sugar is blended, increase to medium/high speed and blend another 2 minutes. The frosting will be ready to use.
- Use an offset spatula to spread the cream cheese frosting on the cake.
- Add Holiday sprinkles for a festive touch.