This Slow Cooker Sweet Chili Chicken is tender chicken breasts, cooked in a ranch flavored sweet chili sauce. The crock pot does all the work which makes this the perfect easy weeknight dinner recipe.
Looking for specifics on the recipe? Use the table of contents to click on sections of the recipe.
❤️ Why you'll love this recipe
- You only need simple ingredients so you don't have to worry about spending a lot of money at your local grocery store.
- It's hearty and comforting so it's great to make when you want a filling meal.
- You can make it in a slow cooker so you don't have to worry about spending lots of time cooking.
- The cream cheese gives the sauce a nice texture that pairs well with the tangy flavors in the dish.
🧾 Ingredient List
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- boneless skinless chicken breasts
- ranch dressing mix dry seasoning packet
- sweet chili sauce
- cream cheese
- red bell pepper
- green onion
- slow cooker
- two forks or meat claws
This is an overview of the recipe. The full instructions are below in the recipe card.
Step 1: Add the chicken breasts to the slow cooker.
Step 2: Pour the chili sauce on top of the chicken.
Step 3: Top the chicken with the sliced bell peppers.
Step 4: Add the block of cream cheese to the vessel.
Step 5: Sprinkle the ranch seasoning on the chicken. Cook on low for 4 ½ hours or on high for 3 hours.
Step 6: Once cooking is complete, shred the chicken with two forks. Serve on top of rice.
👩🏻🍳Eileen's Tips for Success
- Spray your slow cooker well with nonstick cooking spray or use a slow cooker liner for easy cleanup.
- If your sauce is a little on the runny side and you want to thicken it up. In a small bowl add ¼ cup of the sauce and mix it with a tablespoon of cornstarch. Pour the cornstarch slurry into the sauce and allow it to cook until thickened.
- I've found it's easier to shred the chicken from this sweet chili chicken recipe by removing it from the slow cooker and shredding it on a plate and then returning it to the slow cooker once it's completely shredded.
- Garnish this easy dish with sliced green onions or even sesame seeds for a pop of color.
📋 Frequently Asked Questions
Sweet chili sauce is not overly spicy, but it does have a little bit of heat to it.
No there is no need to sear the chicken first.
The best way to reheat this recipe would be in the microwave or on the stovetop over medium heat until warm all the way through.
Do you want to change up this recipe? Here are some ways that you increase the flavor of this dish.
- You can switch out the chicken breasts for boneless skinless chicken thighs if you have to save a trip to the store.
- If your family prefers more heat, you can swap out the bell pepper for chili peppers or add red pepper flakes to the sauce for extra heat.
- Not a fan of chicken? You can swap the chicken out for diced turkey breasts, or even shrimp for this delicious recipe.
❄️ Make ahead, storage, and freezer tips
Storage - This dish can be stored in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Make Ahead - You can make this dish ahead of time and the flavors will intensify when it is reheated.
Freezer - You can freeze cooked portions of this dish for up to 3 months. Be sure to let the chicken cool completely before freezing.
🥣 Serving Suggestions
We love to serve shredded chicken over a bed or white rice. I like to use this Instant Pot Rice recipe. It turns out perfectly every time that I make it!
Turn this into a complete meal when you pair it with these Easy Roasted Green Beans. They are the perfect fresh and healthy side dish to serve with comfort food recipes.
If you are like me and love to enjoy a sweet treat after a meal like this one. Then, you are going to want to check out this Lemon Lush Dessert. It's creamy, tangy, and super easy to make.
🍽 Similar recipes
Are you in the market for another great recipe to make for busy weeknights? If so, then add this Slow Cooker Chicken and Potatoes recipe to your meal plan this week. The delicious recipe will please the entire family.
This Slow Cooker Chicken Cordon Bleu recipe is one of my favorite slow cooker recipes to make when I need a hearty meal without spending a ton of time in the kitchen.
If you prefer beef instead of chicken, then this Slow Cooker Korean Beef recipe is the one for you. It's full of flavor and takes very little effort to make.
I love any comments or questions, please feel free to leave them below.
Keep up to date with recipes by following me on:
Thank you for your continued support. I am forever grateful.
If you click on the number of servings in the recipe card you can adjust the measurements up or down for the exact number of servings you need.
If you love this recipe please give it 5 stars! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Slow Cooker Sweet Chili Chicken.
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 ounce ranch dressing mix dry seasoning packet
- 20 ounces sweet chili sauce
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 large red bell pepper seeded and sliced thin
- green onion sliced, garnish
- Add the chicken breasts to the vessel of a slow cooker.
- Pour the bottle of chili sauce over the chicken.
- Sprinkle the sliced red bell pepper all over the chili sauce.
- Place the block of cream cheese on top of the peppers.
- Cook on low for 4½ hours or high for 3 hours.
- Once cooking is done shred the chicken and stir around the cream cheese and chicken. Top withas much sliced scallions as you’d like and enjoy!
- Sprinkle with sliced green onions. Serve and enjoy.