These Orange Chocolate Chip Muffins are so moist and full of flavor. The perfect breakfast or snack, they are made with fresh oranges and chocolate chips. You can never go wrong with a light and fluffy orange muffin to start your day.
❤️ Why you'll love this recipe
- Our orange muffins are made with fresh oranges for unbeatable flavor.
- Enjoy orange muffins with chocolate chips in every bite that add an extra level of flavor to these yummy muffins.
- Orange muffins are perfect for breakfast or a snack.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- all-purpose flour
- baking powder
- granulated white sugar
- whole milk
- unsalted butter, melted
- whole oranges
- semi-sweet chocolate chips
This is an overview of the recipe. The full instructions are below in the recipe card.
Step 1: In a bowl, sift the flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
Step 2: Preheat the oven to 380°F/193°C. Use silicone muffin molds or use a 12-count muffin tin and either grease, spray with non-stick baking spray, or use cupcake liners, and set aside.
Step 3: Use one orange, cut it in half and press the juice out of the orange into a small bowl, set aside.
Step 4: You will need to peel the other orange, then slice it into chunks.
Step 5: Add egg, sugar, milk, oranges pieces, juice, and butter in another medium bowl.
Step 6: With a hand mixer or a whisk, mix until all the ingredients are well combined.
Step 7: Pour the liquid mixture over the dry ingredients, mixing as little as possible, just enough to obtain a moist batter.
Step8: Gently fold in the chocolate chips.
Step 9: Spoon the batter into silicone or paper-lined muffin pans and bake at 380°F for about 25 minutes.
Let cool for a few minutes and remove from the silicone molds or muffin tin.
Ready to eat. Enjoy.
You can store these muffins in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days or in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Expert Tip: It's very important that you mix the muffin batter gently. You don't want to overmix your muffin batter or they will be flat and tough.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you can freeze these muffins. I recommend that you wrap them in plastic wrap and then store them in a freezer bag.
That is up to you. You can bake them with a liner for a softer muffin or without for a more firm outside.
Yes, you can make a simple glaze and drizzle these muffins. Mix 1 cup of powdered sugar and about 3 Tablespoons of orange juice together to make a glaze.
Do you want to change up this recipe? Here are some ways that you increase the flavor of this dish.
- Add ½ cup of chopped nuts such as pecans, walnuts, or almonds.
- Swap out the chocolate chips for white chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, or even dried cranberries.
- If you don't have any oranges on hand, you could use lemon juice and zest instead.
- For a fun pop of color, add ¼ cup of finely chopped candied oranges.
- Try using orange extract in place of the fresh orange juice for a more intense flavor.
- Make them into mini muffins by spooning the batter into a mini muffin tin. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the center of a muffin.
- Sprinkle some sugar on top of the muffins when they come out of the oven.
- These Instant Pot Egg Bites are light and fluffy eggs that are cooked right in your pressure cooker. If you are wanting to serve some protein with your muffins then this is the recipe for you.
- Start your day off right with a glass of this Strawberry Banana Smoothie and one of these fluffy muffins.
- My family loves a fresh fruit salad like this Summer Berry Salad with this tasty pastries.
- Are you a fan of fruit filled muffins? If so, these light and fluffy Lemon Blueberry Muffins are going to start your day off right.
- If you are looking for a healthy yet tasty way to start your day then look no further than these Pumpkin Muffins.
- Looking for another orange breakfast recipe? If so, then look no further than these Cranberry Orange Muffins. They are the perfect way to start off your day.
- Cranberry Orange Scones are another delicious addition to a breakfast or brunch.
I love any comments or questions, please feel free to leave them below.
Keep up to date with recipes by following me on:
Thank you for your continued support. I am forever grateful.
If you click on the number of servings in the recipe card you can adjust the measurements up or down for the exact number of servings you need.
If you love this recipe please give it 5 stars! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
- In a bowl, sift the flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 380°F/193°C. Use silicone muffin molds or use a 12-count muffin tin and either grease, spray with non-stick baking spray, or use cupcake liners, and set aside.
- Use one orange, cut it in half and press the juice out of the orange into a small bowl, set aside.
- You will need to peel the other orange, then slice it into chunks.
- Add egg, sugar, milk, oranges pieces, juice, and butter in another medium bowl.
- With a hand mixer or a whisk, mix until all the ingredients are well combined.
- Pour the liquid mixture over the dry ingredients, mixing as little as possible, just enough to obtain a moist batter.
- Gently fold in the chocolate chips.
- Spoon the batter into silicone or paper-lined muffin pans and bake at 380°F for about 25 minutes.
- Let cool for a few minutes and remove from the silicone molds or muffin tin.
- Ready to eat. Enjoy.
- Do not beat the dough like a cake, which prevents the muffins from rising and makes them heavy.
- Using vegetable oil results in lighter muffins because it prevents gluten formation in the flour. On the other hand, butter adds more fluffiness to the dough.
- Do not open the oven door or you run the risk of ending up with flattened muffins.
- Never fill the muffin molds more than three-quarters full and place them in the center of the oven.
- Silicone molds give better results than paper muffin liners, which burn easily.