This No Bake Strawberry Pie is an easy and delicious summer dessert. With a simple pretzel crust and sweet, juicy strawberries, it’s sure to be a hit at your next party or gathering. The crunchy pretzel crust pairs perfectly with the tart yet sweet strawberry filling for a unique and flavorful treat.
Looking for specifics on the recipe? Use the table of contents to click on sections of the recipe.
❤️ Why this recipe works
- The pretzel crust adds a nice salty flavor to the creamy strawberry filling. Making it the perfect balance of sweet and salty.
- You don't have to worry about heating up the house with this no bake sweet treat.
- It's a refreshing dessert that's perfect for summer cookouts and parties.
- miniature pretzels
- unsalted butter
- white granulated sugar
- boiling water
- strawberry gelatin
- fresh lemon juice
- fresh strawberries
- heavy whipping cream
- marshmallow creme
- whipped cream cheese
- sweetened condensed milk
- granulated white sugar
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Food Processor
- 9 inch springform pan
- Stainless Steel Mixing Bowls
- Measuring Spoons and Cups
- Hand Mixer
- Wooden Spoon
This is an overview of the recipe. The full instructions are below in the recipe card.
How to make the pretzel crust:
Step 1: Crush the pretzels and then mix in the butter and sugar. Press the crust into your 9-inch springform pan and chill for 30 minutes.
How to make the pie:
Step 1: In a large mixing bowl combine the boiling water, gelatin, and lemon juice until completely combined. Chill the mixture for 30 minutes stirring a couple of times.
Step 2: While the crust and gelatin chill In another medium-sized mixing bowl, use a hand beater with beaters attached to whip 1 cup heavy cream to form stiff peaks.
Step 3: Beat together the cream cheese, condensed milk, and marshmallow creme. And, then stir in the gelatin.
Step 4: Fold in the strawberries, gelatin, and whipped cream.
Step 5: Pour the strawberry mixture on top of the crust. And, then top with whipped cream. Garnish with pretzels, and sliced strawberries if desired.
💭 Eileen's Tips for Success
- I like to use a food processor or blender to crush the pretzels. However, you could also use a rolling pin and a freezer bag.
- Make sure that you press the crust down tightly so that your crust is firm enough to hold your pie.
- Don't skimp the chill times. It's important you wait for at least the times I've mentioned for the best results.
📋 Frequently Asked Questions
Any type of mini pretzel will work. However, the thinner mini pretzels have a better crunch in the crust.
You will need to allow the pie to chill in the fridge for at least 4-6 hours.
Yes, this pie freezes beautifully. So, feel free to make it a few days in advance and store it in the freezer.
Do you want to change up this recipe? Here are some ways that you increase the flavor of this dish.
- If you are not a fan of pretzel crust on your strawberry pie, you can use a graham cracker crust instead.
- To change the flavor of this pie you can use any flavor of gelatin.
- You could also add in other fruits such as blueberries or raspberries to vary the flavors.
- A squeeze of lemon juice to the cream cheese mixture would add a bright flavor to your strawberry pie with a pretzel crust.
⭐ How to store, reheat, and freeze
Storage - Store the strawberry pie in the fridge for 3 days. Make sure to cover it tightly with plastic wrap to keep it fresh.
Freezer - You can also freeze this pie for up to three months. However, I recommend that you freeze the pie without the strawberry and pretzel garnish.
🥗 Serving Suggestions
This Grilled Chicken Parm Burger is a light and refreshing meal to make on a warm summer day. Plus, your guests and family will love it.
Dijon Lime Grilled Chicken is another one of my favorite main dishes to make during the summer. It's a healthy meal that is jammed packed full of flavor.
This Orange Fluff Salad is another no bake dessert that's perfect for summer cookouts and parties with your friends and family.
🍽 Similar recipes
Strawberry Lemonade is a sweet and refreshing drink that is great for summer days.
Are you a cheesecake fan? If so, you have to give this No Bake Strawberry Cheesecake recipe a try this summer.
These Strawberry Lemonade Cupcakes are a fun treat that will be the star of the show at your summer cookouts.
I love any comments or questions, please feel free to leave them below.
Keep up to date with recipes by following me on:
Thank you for your continued support. I am forever grateful.
If you click on the number of servings in the recipe card you can adjust the measurements up or down for the exact number of servings you need.
If you love this recipe please give it 5 stars! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
No Bake Strawberry Pie
- 4 cups miniature pretzels
- 8 Tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- ¼ cup granulated white sugar
No Bake Strawberry Pie
- ¾ cup boiling water
- 1 (6) ounce box, strawberry gelatin
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 pound fresh strawberries divided
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream divided
- 1 (7) ounce jar, marshmallow creme
- ⅔ cup whipped cream cheese
- ⅔ cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 Tablespoon granulated white sugar
How to make Pretzel Crust
- Crush the pretzels either in a food processor or use a sealable plastic bag and use a rolling pin to crush the pretzel.
- To the pretzel mixture, mix in butter and sugar until combined.
- Press the pretzel mixture into a 9-inch springform pan to form a crust. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
How to make No Bake Strawberry Pie
- While the crust is being refrigerated, in a large mixing bowl combine the boiling water, gelatin, and lemon juice. Whisk until all dissolved.
- Refrigerate the gelatin mixture for 30 minutes, stirring once or twice.
- Meanwhile dice up half the strawberries and slice the other half. Set aside.
- In another medium-sized mixing bowl, use a hand beater with beaters attached to whip 1 cup heavy cream to form stiff peaks, about 4 minutes. Set aside.
- To the refrigerated gelatin mixture, using a hand mixer with beaters attached, beat the marshmallow creme, cream cheese, and sweetened condensed milk into the gelatin mixture until wel blended.
- Gently fold in the diced strawberries and whipped cream to the gelatin mixture.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pretzel crust. Refrigerate 4-6 hours to set the pie.
- When ready to serve, make the whipped cream topping by again using a hand mixer with beaters attached, and in a medium-sized mixing bowl, whip the remaining 1 cup of whipping cream with the 1 Tablespoon sugar until soft peaks form, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Spread the whipped topping over the pie.
- Garnish with sliced strawberries and more pretzels.
- Slice and serve
- I am not a registered dietician, I do my best to provide the most accurate nutritional values. Any nutritional data I provide is an approximation. Actual dietary information can vary based on ingredients and portion sizes