This Orange Fluff Salad is a creamy and zesty twist on traditional gelatin salad. It's made with layers of orange gelatin, cottage cheese, whipped topping, mandarin oranges, and crunchy marshmallows. This simple jello salad recipe is sure to be a hit at any party or gathering.
Looking for specifics on the recipe? Use the table of contents to click on sections of the recipe.
❤️ Why this recipe works
- Our Orange Fluff Salad takes only minutes to prepare and absolutely everyone will love it!
- The combination of sweet, tangy orange gelatin paired with creamy cottage cheese and crunchy marshmallows is the perfect balance of flavors to create a fabulous orange fluff recipe.
- Plus, you can make this ahead of time so you don't have to worry about last-minute preparations.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Cool Whip
- orange gelatin box
- mandarin oranges, can
- mini marshmallows
- cottage cheese
- sweetened shredded coconut
This is an overview of the recipe. The full instructions are below in the recipe card.
Step 1: Stir together to combine the Cool Chip and orange gelatin powder, no white streaks should be in the mixture in a large bowl.
Step 2: Fold in the drained mandarin oranges, mini marshmallows, cottage cheese, and sweetened shredded coconut and mix until well combined.
Step 3: The salad can be served right away. We recommend refrigerating in a covered, airtight container for at least 1 hour up to 12 for the best flavor before serving.
💭 Eileen's Tips for Success
Before serving, give this fluff salad another stir so that the moisture redistributes well. It makes it creamy again.
⭐ How to store, reheat, and freeze
- Storage - Store the orange jello salad with cottage cheese in the fridge in an airtight container for up to five days.
- Freezing - This dish does not freeze well as the gelatin will separate when it thaws.
📋 Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you can use sugar-free gelatin for a reduced-calorie version of this salad.
Yes! This salad is great for making ahead since it needs some time to chill in the refrigerator, you can make it at least 24 hours in advance.
No, fluff salad does not freeze well, so enjoy it while it's fresh! It doesn't last long in my house.
Do you want to change up this recipe? Here are some ways that you increase the flavor of this dish.
- If you want to add more fruit to this salad, you can add in drained crushed pineapple, or even drained maraschino cherries.
- Add a little crunch by folding in some toasted chopped pecans or walnuts.
- You could also add yogurt, or leave out the coconut depending on your tastebuds.
- You could also swap out the gelatin flavors to suit your tastebuds. Try strawberry or cherry for a fresh taste.
🥗 Serving Suggestions
- This fluff salad pairs so well with one of our most popular recipes, Marinated Chicken Drumsticks. Such a great combo.
- I love to serve this creamy orange fluff recipe with a simple main dish like this Grilled Pesto Chicken. It's a great way to add some protein and delicious flavor to your weeknight dinner.
- Oven Roasted Chicken Thighs would be another great choice for an easy dinner recipe.
- If you are like me and love cheesy potatoes, then you will want to make these Cheesy Grilled Foil Packet Potatoes and Onions. They are bursting with flavor and cleanup is a breeze.
- Grilled Asparagus is coated in olive oil and seasoned to perfection. It's the perfect vegetable to make when you need something fresh and healthy to serve alongside your meal.
🍽 Similar recipes
- This Bacon Ranch Potato Salad is a creamy and flavorful side dish that pairs perfectly with grilled foods. If you love salads this is a recipe for you.
- If you love refreshing salads then next time you may want to give this Summer Fruit Salad a try. It's light, tangy, and full of sweet summer berries.
- This Watergate Salad is a classic dessert that is sweet, creamy, and perfect for any occasion. It's made with pudding, pineapple, marshmallows, and nuts.
- For a sweeter recipe, enjoy our Marshmallow Fluff Dip with fruit.
I love any comments or questions, please feel free to leave them below.
Keep up to date with recipes by following me on:
FACEBOOK INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST, TWITTER
Thank you for your continued support. I am forever grateful.
If you click on the number of servings in the recipe card you can adjust the measurements up or down for the exact number of servings you need.
If you love this recipe please give it 5 stars! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Orange Fluff Recipe
- As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases
- 1 (8) ounce Cool Whip tub
- 1 (3) ounce orange gelatin box
- 1 (14) ounce mandarin oranges can, drained
- 1½ cups mini marshmallows
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut s
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together to combine the Cool Chip and orange gelatin powder, no white streaks should be in the mixture.
- To the gelatin mixture, add the drained mandarin oranges, mini marshmallows, cottage cheese, and sweetened shredded coconut and mix until well combined.
- The salad can be served right away. We recommend refrigerating in a covered, airtight container for at least 1 hour up to 12 for the best flavor before serving.
Leave a Reply