Air Fryer Twice Baked Potatoes takes the most delicious spuds once step further to flavor town. The potato skin is extra crispy with a light and fluffy interior that is seasoned to perfection and topped with crunchy bacon and warm gooey melted cheese.
Air Fryer Twice Baked Potatoes
The air fryer has been in constant use in our house and these twice baked potatoes are always top on the request list from my family. We make air fryer recipes at least 4-5 days a week. Besides being so much better for you than frying, the food always tastes great.
These air fryer potatoes are perfect for lunch or dinner. They also make a great potato bar. Everyone can top their potatoes with their favorite fixings.
- Russet potatoes are the best to use to make twice baked potatoes.
- We always recommend cooking with unsalted butter.
- Use any of your favorite or Homemade Seasoning Salt or brand of seasoned salt.
- Heavy cream adds a great level of flavor.
- Cheddar cheese and Monterey Jack is a great combo to top the potatoes.
- Bacon adds crunch and deliciousness.
Why you’ll love this recipe
- Stuffed Potatoes are very versatile. Get creative.
- Everyone loves cheese and bacon, right?
- This is a very popular and super delicious!
The instructions are an overview of the recipe. Complete instructions are below in the recipe card.
- Wash the potatoes and using a fork puncture holes around the whole potato. Place the potatoes in the air fryer basket leaving room. Do not over crowd the potatoes. Cook on 400°f for 20 minutes three times, rotating potatoes each time
2. Cut the potatoes in half long ways and using a spoon, scoop out the inside.
3. Add the insides of the potatoes to a mixing bowl and mix in half of the cheese, the butter, heavy cream, sour cream and seasoning.
4. Add the mixture back in the hollowed-out potatoes. Top with shredded
5. Sprinkle cheese on the stuffed potatoes and bake in the air fryer for another 5 minutes.
Top with your favorite toppings such as bacon, sour cream, chives, etc.
- Air Fryer
- Vegetable Scrubber
- Cutting Board
- Measuring cups
- Large mixing bowl
- Large mixing spoon
Expert tips for success
- Use a fork to prick holes in the potatoes so they do not explode while cooking.
- Mix the ingredients right after the potatoes are baked and warm to ensure a tasty stuffing.
- Use room temperature butter so it easily absorbs into the potatoes.
Absolutely. The potatoes and stuffing can be made ahead of time and kept in the fridge for 1-2 days. Then top with the cheese and complete the air frying.
Absolutely. The potatoes and stuffing can be made ahead of time and kept in the fridge for 1-2 days. Then top with the cheese and complete the air frying following the directions in the recipe card.
Preheat the air fryer to 400°F, place the frozen potatoes in the air fryer. They should be cooked through in about 15 minutes.
The stuffed potatoes can be stored in an air tight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
The potatoes can be frozen before being baked too. They can be cooked from the frozen state at 400°F.
- Brush olive oil on the skin of the potato and sprinkle with Kosher salt for restaurant style potatoes. So good!
- Add in some cooked broccoli into the potato mash for a complete dinner.
- Chopped scallions would be a great addition.
- Chopped cooked ham is a great way to use leftover.
- Sautéed mushrooms are another great veggie to add.
- Roasted asparagus can be another variation.
- Add in cream cheese or veggie cream cheese for another delicious variety.
Roasted Potatoes are another delicious recipe that is a fantastic side dish.
Herb Garlic Roasted Red Potatoes are another flavor packed side dish.
Serve these Air Fryer Twice Baked Potatoes with Chicken Drumsticks for a great dinner.
When you make this recipe, take a pic and tag me on Instagram @everyday_eileen or #everydayeileen
Keep up to date with recipes and posts by following me on:
Love this recipe, it would be awesome if you give it a 5-star rating and share comments below.
Air Fryer Twice Baked Potatoes
- 3 large Russet Potatoes
- 1 Tablespoon Homemade Seasoning Salt or your favorite Seasoning Salt
- 3 Tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- ½ cup sour cream
- ⅔ cup cheddar cheese, shredded Note 1
- 3 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- sour cream, chopped chives or chopped green onions optional garnish
- Wash the potatoes and using a fork prick holes around the potato. ( This ensures air to escape and the potato will not explode)
- Preheat the air fryer to 400°F.
- Place the potatoes in the air fryer basket, leave room so they do not touch. Do not over crowd the potatoes.
- Bake the potatoes at 400°F for 60 minutes, rotating the potatoes every 20 minutes. The potatoes will be rotated 3 times. The potatoes will be soft and a fork or toothpick should easily slide into the skin of the potato.
- Cut the potatoes in half ,long ways. Use a spoon to scoop out the inside and place the flesh of the potato in a large mixing bowl.
- To the large mixing bowl, mix in half of the shredded cheese, the unsalted butter, heavy cream, sour cream, and seasoning salt.
- Add the mixture back in the hollowed-out potatoes. Top with the remaining shredded cheese and bake in air fryer on 350 for 5 minutes.
- Top with bacon, sour cream, chives, and any of your favorite toppings.