Burrito Bowl Recipe
- ground beef, 80/20
- onion powder
- garlic powder
- chili powder
- black pepper
- smoked paprika ( regular paprika can be used) – smoked paprika adds a nice smoky flavor.
- fire-roasted diced tomatoes – fire-roasted gives a nice char to the tomatoes which add flavor.
- green chiles
- black beans
- white rice
- plain Greek yogurt or sour cream
- fresh cilantro – please use fresh cilantro. Dried will not do justice to the crema.
- garlic clove
- black pepper
Step by step instructions
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- Sear the beef to brown, about 5 minutes.
- Add-in tomatoes, green chilies, oregano, and spices.
- Mix in the black beans and corn.
- Let simmer about 15 minutes to blend flavors
- Serve rice topped with beef mixture and your favorite toppings.
- In a blender, add avocado, Greek yogurt, lime juice, cilantro, garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Blend to mix ingredients. The mixture will be thick. If needed add a teaspoon or two of water to thin crema to drizzle or dollop on the burrito bowl.
- Swap out the beef and use flank, sirloin, or hangar steak in the burrito bowl recipe. Season the meat. Slice and saute the steak for about 8 minutes, until the desired level of doneness.
- For the corn, use leftover corn on the cob.
- In lieu of rice, brown rice, quinoa, or cauliflower rice.
- Salsa can be used instead of fire-roasted tomatoes.
- Taco seasoning can be used in lieu of the spices.
- Use this ground beef mixture to make quesadillas, taco lasagna, or burritos.
What to serve with this delicious burrito bowl recipe:
- Pico de Gallo
- Roasted Tomatillo Salsa
- Avocado Crema – recipe below
- Sour Cream
- Shredded cheese
- Fresh chopped cilantro
Some other of our favorite beef recipes you will enjoy are:
- Beef Jerky Dip
- Roast Beef Tortilla Roll-Ups
- One-Pot Chili Mac
- Mexican shredded beef tacos
- Chipotle Chili
Expert tips and FAQs
- The ground beef mixture can be made ahead of time, up to 2 days. leftovers can be stored in the fridge for 2-3 days, covered in the fridge.
- To reheat the bow, warm the ingredients in the microwave for a few seconds to warm. For oven reheating, reheat at 350°F, until everything is warm.
- Keep the Avocado Crema in the fridge for up to 2 days in a covered container.
- The meat can be frozen for up to 3-4 months, based on Beef It’s What’s for Dinner storage guide.
- Looking for expert tips about beef, check out Chuck Knows Beef, from Beef It’s What’s for dinner. So full of information, tips, and recipe guidance.
SHOP THIS RECIPE:
This post contains affiliate links for your convenience. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com.
- Meat Masher: A great tool to break up meat and potatoes.
- Blender: Every kitchen needs a powerhouse like this on